Stratamed® is a bacteriostatic full contact flexible wound dressing which provides an optimal wound healing environment and abnormal scar prevention.
Stratamed® was developed for use on all types of wounds, burns, skin tears and abrasions including those resulting from:
- General surgery ( incisions, excisions, biopsies, caesarean section etc.).
- Cosmetic surgery face and body ( blepharoplasty, lifts, rhinoplasty, cheek or chin implants, breast augmentation or reduction, abdominoplasty, etc.).
- Profiund cosmetic procedure ( laser full-field procedures, chemical peels, dermabrasions).
- Trauma, bites, grazes
- Burns: 2nd and 3rd degree burns and skin graft( after the formation of granulation tissue)
Stratamed® may be applied to open wounds, burns and areas where skin integrity has been compromised.
Stratamed® is used for:
- The protection and hydration of wounds, burns and compromised skin
- The prevention and treatment of keloids and hypertrophic scars
Stratamed is recommended and well tolerated by children, or people with sensitive skin.
Cutaneous administration of the product is allowed during pregnancy and lactation, or in newborns.
Treatment results & benefits (How it works)
Stratamed® dries to form a thin, flexible, protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof.
- It hydrates and protects compromised skin areas and open wounds from chemical and microbial invasion.
- Reduces the inflammation phase and its syptoms.
- Provides an effective healing boost1.
- Emulates the epidermal barrier and helps enhance the healing of wounds. The wound exudate, which carries a number of growth factors essential to the healing of wounds, is kept protected in the wound-dressing interface.
- Prevents abnormal scar formation.
Recommended duration of treatment
Stratamed® is recommended for a minimum treatment of 60–90 days, depending on the size and surface of your wound (24/7).
Packaging & Pharmaceutical form
Tubes of 5, 10 & 20gr | Gel
Stratpharma AG Centralbahnplatz 8, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland
PRODUCTS FROM THE SAME RANGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Stratamed® suitable to use for children?
Yes, Stratamed® is completely biocompatible, inert and is intended for the use for both, children and people with sensitive skin.
Does Stratamed® have any odor?
No, Stratamed® is odorless.
Is Stratamed® suitable to use during pregnancy?
Stratamed® is suitable to use during pregnancy for both, mother and unborn child
Does Stratamed® have an expiry date?
Stratamed® has an expiry date of five years after manufacturing. This date is imprinted on every box (side flap) and tube (end seal) in the format year-month (e.g. EXP 2018-09 or 13-09).
The gel does not dry within the recommended time. What is the reason for this?
When applied correctly, Stratamed® should be dry in 5-6 minutes. If it takes longer to dry,you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a tissue and allow the drying process to continue.
Can Stratamed® be used in conjunction with other medications?
Do not apply any other product underneath Stratamed®. Applying medications on top of Stratamed® will have no effect because, by design, it will not be able to pass through the Stratamed® film. If an infection is present, have it treated prior to beginning your Stratamed® treatment.
When can I start to apply Stratamed® after surgery?
You can start to apply Stratamed® immediately after suturing.
Is Stratamed® sterile?
Yes, Stratamed® is sterile until opened. Additionally, Stratamed® is bacteriostatic (it hinders bacteria from reproducing, while not necessarily harming them otherwise), which makes it suitable to use on open wounds or compromised skin.
Can Stratamed® be used with a secondary dressing?
Yes, Stratamed® can be covered with a secondary dressing. The gel does not need to dry before applying a secondary dressing and can be covered immediately.
Can Stratamed® be used on lips?
Can Stratamed® be used on eyelids?
Yes, Stratamed® goes through an evaporation process during the drying phase which may cause the eyes to sting temporarily. This stinging will cause no harm.
What are the advantages of using Stratamed® gel instead of physical wound dressings?
There are delicate areas where it is very difficult or impossible to use physical dressings:
- Areas with high mobility
- Areas with high friction
- Wet skin (mucosa), hindering adherence
- Areas with higher hygienic requirements (e.g. perineum)
Physical dressings, including silicone dressings, do not create a full contact surface because air bubbles form underneath. Delicate areas like the eyes, nostrils and lip contours remain exposed and subjected to irritation due to the adhesive tape. Stratamed® is an advanced film-forming wound dressing in the form of a self-drying silicone gel. Stratamed® is flexible, adaptable, and creates a full-contact surface.
Are there any side effects associated with the use of Stratamed®?
Is Stratamed® visible on my skin?
No. Stratamed® is a transparent wound dressing.
Are there any known allergies to Stratamed®?
There are no known allergies to Stratamed®. Stratamed® is an inert, biocompatible and non-transdermal polymer. Irritation, sensitivity and acute toxicity testing was conducted and no adverse reactions have been noted